Recipe by Gaelige Coinnaigh
Each: 256 Calories, 324 mg sodium, 37 mg cholesterol, 13 g fat, 19 g carbohydrates, 24 g protein, 2.21 g fiber
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds or 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 4 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (or leftover chicken pieces)
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread pumpkin seeds or pine nuts on baking sheet in single layer and toast in oven at 350 degrees until lightly browned, about 5 minutes (may be done up to 1 week in advance). Let cool 5 minutes.
- Warm broth in pan over low heat while preparing rest of salad (or heat for 30 seconds in microwave at high)
- Mix together shredded carrot, cabbage and chicken.
- Line edge of dinner plates with ring of red onion, then ring of zucchini and inside that, a ring of tomato slices.
- Whisk vinegar into warm broth.
- Drizzle a little dressing over the zucchini, onion and tomatoes.
- Toss cabbage-chicken mixture with remaining dressing and place mound of salad in center of each plate.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.