Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe that a friend gave me that we really enjoy. It's easy and simple to put together but has a wonderful flavor.
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cooked chicken, shredded
- 16 ounces blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- As a sandwich filling - spread mixture on 9 slices of white or wheat bread.
- Top with 9 slices of bread.
- Trim bread crusts and cut diagonally into four triangular sections.
This is good chicken salad. Easy to mix up with things usually in my kitchen. I made 1/2 the recipe and served on white bread. The walnuts give it a good crunch. Made for PRMR.
Made this with some thawed-from-frozen shredded chicken breast that I chopped up! Also used lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P! And, since I wasn't serving it as a fancy tea-time special, I spead it on some whole wheat bread & left it at that ~ It could probably have been made more eye-appealing, but it couldn't have been any better tasting ~ ABSOLUTELY GREAT! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Went to the Market tag]
Excellent!! I don't like walnuts though, so I used almonds. Will be making this more frequently, as I love to find new ways to make chicken salad.