Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple and quick recipe to use up leftover chicken.The toasted almonds and celery add a delicious crunch,and the apples a pop of sweetness.I like boiled chicken,but of course chicken salad is perfect for leftover roasted chicken that's a little too dry.You can always make more of the dressing if you want it to be moister.
- 2 whole chicken breasts, cooked
- 3 stalk celery, without leaves
- 1 pink apple (such as gala or pink lady)
- 177.44 ml thinly sliced almonds
- 236.59 ml thick mayonnaise
- 36.97 ml apple cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml honey
- 9.85 ml dried tarragon
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- Remove the chicken meat from the bones and discard any skin,fat,or gristle.Chop the chicken into small bite sized pieces.
- Wash the celery and apples.Cut the celery stalks in half lengthwise and slice thinly.Chop the apples.
- Heat a pan over medium heat without oil.Add the almonds and toast,stirring constantly ,until they smell toasty and a very lightly golden.Remove from the pan to prevent further browning and add to the chicken,celery,and apples.
- Whisk together the mayo,apple cider vinegar,honey,and spices.Taste the dressing and adjust to your taste.
- Add the chicken mixture to the dressing and serve over a bed of lettuce or on toast.Chill all leftovers!