Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Pineapple and nuts add a distictive flair to this tasty chicken salad. Try substituting leftover turkey around the holidays for the chicken.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup creamy salad dressing, e.g. miracle whip
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup halved green grape
- 1 cup blanched slivered almond, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped water chestnut
- 1⁄4 cup shredded lettuce
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the lemon juice.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Mix the salad dressing, salt, pineapple, grapes, almonds, water chestnuts and lettuce into the chicken until evenly combined.
- Keep chilled until serving.
2001: This is delicious---I made this for the first time a few days ago and it was a winner at my house--even with the kids. My husband took some to work and everyone wanted the recipe. I made this just as the recipe says and I can't imagine what could make it taste any better. We ate with crackers and on a sandwich the next day. It is easy to make and makes plenty!!!!!!!!!!!! 1Steve, Just wanted you to know I am still making this recipe 6 years after I rated it the first time. I made some (triple batches) for a baby shower last weekend and man, it was a hit! Everyone wanted to know how I made it. Thanks again and this has become a very favorite recipe for my all time collection. I have passed it down to my stepdaughter who is expecting her first child and living on her own now. Just wanted to say thanks again and hope this does your heart good to know I am still making this DEE LISH recipe! Melanie