Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy and fresh tasting salad. Perfect for a summer meal. This is also nice with the addition of chopped avocado or cucumber.
- 3 -4 skinless chicken breasts or 1 large cooked chicken
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1 (1 pint) container grape tomatoes, halved
- 150 g mixed salad greens, washed
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- Grill or broil the chicken breasts until cooked and cut into bite sized pieces.
- If using a whole cooked chicken, take all the flesh off the chicken, discarding the skin and bones, and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Combine chicken and all the salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Make the dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a jar and shaking it well.
- Just before serving add the dressing to the salad and toss together until salad is coated in dressing.
This salad was enjoyed by my husband. I thought the sauce was very good,and it didn't taste fishy at all! Thanks for a different way to make a chicken salad!