I hope that you will enjoy this simple tasty salad as much as we have. The dressing is best served at room temperature.
- 59.14 ml dark brown sugar
- 44.37 ml pure maple syrup
- 78.07 ml fresh lemon juice, meyer
- 158.51 ml light olive oil
- 7.39 ml Dijon mustard
- 9.85 ml garlic chives, chopped
- 22.18 ml candied ginger, chopped
- 22.18 ml candied lemon peel, chopped
- 2.46 ml sea salt, coarse
- 4.92-9.85 ml jalapeno pepper, diced
- 946.36 ml romaine lettuce, baby
- 709.77 ml cooked chicken, chunks, skinned
- 1 red onion, sliced in rings
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 236.59 ml grape tomatoes, whole
- 59.14 ml golden raisin
- 1 apple, spartan, thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml pineapple chunk, fresh
- 59.14 ml green seedless grape, halved
- 28.39 ml macadamia nuts, halved & roasted
- Into your electric blender add sugar, maple syrup, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, garlic chives, candied ginger and candied lemon peel, sea salt and jalapeño pepper.
- Puree the mixture until smooth.
- Let the dressing sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Place all the prepared salad ingredients into a large bowl, toss with dressing and enjoy.
a very nice salad, could use a lettle less pepper though. But my mom and dad LOVED the recipe and cleaned their plates
Made half a recipe (& although I used all the ingredients listed, I did reduce the jalapeno pepper to less than 1/2 teaspoon) & really enjoyed the sweet dressing ~ AND it was spicy enough for us! I even had some candied lemon peel from when I made some several months ago! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Made & reviewed for a member of my group in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #17]
Just made this for Hidden Gem and really enjoyed it, they only change I made was to cut it in half as I'm the only one here to eat it. Had it for lunch with a slice of warm sourdough bread and it was perfect for this warm summer day. Directions simple to follow and a nice combination of sweet and spicy. Only thing I'd change next time is that it's a little sweeter than I personaly like so would probably cut the brown sugar in half next time.