Recipe by Derf
Fresh , Crisp summer chicken salad, with the taste of lushious sauteed mushrooms.
Top Review by I'mPat
Thank you Derf for a delightfully light but filling lunch. I made this as 1 serve and used a mix of baby lettuce leave (couldn't get watercress) and grape tomatoes halved. Used pepper when cooking the mushrooms and the taste was great with the sliced roast chicken. Made for the Please Review My Recipe game.
- 1 cup fresh large mushroom, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, cut in 8 wedges
- 1 cup watercress, loosely packed, large stems removed
- 2 cups lettuce, your choice
- 1 chicken breast half, cooked and sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- salad dressing, of your choice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a non stick frypan; add sliced fresh mushrooms; saute until nicely browned on both sides, about 10 minutes; Set aside to cool.
- Add the next 5 ingredients to a large bowl, from celery to lettuce, mix well.
- Scatter warm mushrooms over all, place chicken slices on top, sprinkle salt and freshly ground course pepper over all.
- We prefer ours with just the salt and pepper, if you prefer, add your choice of salad dressing.