This is a wonderfully light and delicious dish to make for lunch during those hot summer days. (Refrigerating time for the chicken salad is not included - I usually make the salad a day before serving.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup red seedless grapes or 1 cup green grape, halved or quartered
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup cold whole milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1CHICKEN SALAD:.
- 2Cook chicken until no longer pink in the center by either roasting it or poaching it in water or chicken broth. After it has cooled completely, dice into small pieces.
- 3In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise and sour cream. In a very large bowl stir together chicken, celery, grapes and sour cream mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours.
- 4SAGE BISCUITS:.
- 5Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a small bowl whisk together milk and egg until blended; set aside. Blend flour, baking powder, salt, sage and pepper in a food processor or large bowl. Add cold butter and pulse or quickly blend with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Do not overmix. Add milk mixture and process just until moist clumps begin to form. Transfer dough to a floured surface.
- 6Knead dough until it holds together, about 6 turns. Roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a floured 2 1/2-to 3-inch biscuit or cookie cutter, cut out biscuits. Reroll scraps and cut remaining biscuits. Transfer to a large nonstick or lightly greased baking sheet.
- 7Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes Let cool.
- 8To serve, split sage biscuits and spoon in chicken salad.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad With Sage Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.4
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 193.2 mg
- Sodium 722.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 45.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: