1/3 Photos of Chicken Salad With Rice Noodles
This simple low cal salad is a great way to use up some Asian ingredients. The original recipe suggests to put the salad (chicken vegi) over the rice noodles but I tossed everything together. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (September 2007)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 ounces rice sticks (malfun)
For the dressing
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 limes, juice of, only
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (I used low-fat peanut butter)
- 2 teaspoons ginger, chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoons hot chili paste (sambal oeleck)
- 1/4 cup canola oil (or your favorite vegetable oil)
For the salad
- 1Cook noodles in a pot of boiling water until tender (3 minutes); drain; and cut noodles in several places with scissors. (The original recipe suggests to spread noodles out on a platter, but I added them to the large salad bowl instead).
- 2Puree next 7 ingredients (garlic - chili paste) in a blender and with machine running add oil, blending until dressing is smooth. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Set aside.
- 3In a large salad bowl combine salad ingredients (chicken - cucumbers). (I tossed the salad ingredients with the noodles in the salad bowl).
- 4Toss with dressing.
- 5Although I tossed the noodles with the salad in the bowl, the original recipe suggests to arrange noodles on a platter and arrange salad on top of noodles and sprinkle with peanuts, passing additional dressing.
- 6Can be served warm or is best refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad With Rice Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.7
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 1217.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 29.0 g