Prep 12 mins
Cook 5 mins
Family favorite, and again, way too easy! We use leftover store-bought roast chicken but you could easily poach your own chicken breasts. We also like it as an open face sandwich on French or Italian crusty bread.
- 2 cooked chicken breast halves, chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 -3 scallions, finely chopped (green onions)
- 4 -5 canned pineapple rings, finely chopped
- 1 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup mild prepared mustard, to taste (less (or more)
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- Mix all ingredients except almonds.
- Add a little pineapple juice if salad is too thick.
- Serve on crisp lettuce with almonds scattered on top.
So tasty! I used a mini chopper to finely chop the celery, eggs and scallions. Used one small can of crushed pineapple, drained. This tasted great on crackers also.
Really great combination and the pineapple just gave it a great extra touch.