Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious light chicken salad that I make whenever I have company for lunch. It is great as a sandwich filling, or alone on lettuce leaves.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- lemon pepper
- garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or Splenda)
- sprinkle chicken breasts lightly with lemon pepper and garlic salt.
- Saute until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through.
- Cool chicken, then chop into bite size pieces.
- Mix in celery, onion, pecans, mayonnaise, lemon juice and sugar.
- Serve on lettuce leaves as a salad or as a sandwich filling.
Simple and quite good. Loved the toasted pecans. Rather than cooking chicken I used leftover Recipe #323907 and added a bit of salt. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Fall 2008.