Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
This is a refreshing summer salad for a luncheon or light dinner, especially when the peaches are coming fresh off your own trees.
- Boil chicken breasts for 20 minute cool and cube.
- peel peaches (if desired) and dice.
- roughly chop walnuts.
- thinly slice green onions.
- combine chicken, peaches, onion and walnuts in large bowl.
- combine dressing ingredients, mix well.
- pour over chicken mixture and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve put salad greens into individual bowls and mound chicken/dressing mixture on top.
- Or place serving bowls of both the chicken and salad greens and let people dish their own.
- A fresh loaf of herb bread compliments this salad for a complete meal.
This is a very simple, fresh tasting salad that made a nice lunch. I agree with another reviewer and think next time I will decrease the mayonnaise just a little and increase the lime juice. The flavor of the fresh ginger was detectable but subtle to me. I added just a hint of salt to bring the flavors forward. Thanks for the opportunity to try something new.
I loved this. Very nice lunch. I used canned chicken though because it was easy and I had it on hand.
Yummy. I used almonds since I had them for something else anyway. Very good dressing. It made a nice, light dinner after a hot day. I will make this again. Thanks for posting.