Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A refreshing salad that can be enjoyed during the Summer or anytime! You can use whatever fruit is fresh and ripe, including melons, oranges, or nectarines. Prep time does not include time to cook the chicken.
- 2 large fresh peaches
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Chop one peach into 1/2-inch pieces; place in large bowl.
- Add chicken and onion; toss with enough dressing to coat.
- Add greens and walnuts to bowl and toss to coat.
- Mound salad on a large plate.
- Cut remaining peaches into thin wedges and place on top to garnish.
Thanks, Kree for a light refreshing salad! I made it for dinner last night, as my husband and I are on a low carb diet and it was so good--I had peaches, but next time I will try another fruit just for variety. I think the walnuts add a nice touch, too. Carole in Orlando
We liked this salad, but would probably give it 4 stars. Since I made some changes, I will not rate it this time, until I can make it exactly as written. This was good, and very easy to make. I used 1 large deliciously fresh peach, almost the size of a croquet ball, cut into bite-sized pieces. And since I didn't have poppy seed dressing, I used a combination of Marzetti's Pomegranate Vinaigrette and Wishbone's Balsamic and Basil Vinaigrette. This was yummy, and I will definitely try this again. TY, Kree, for putting this out there for our enjoyment!