Recipe by Kree
A refreshing salad that can be enjoyed during the Summer or anytime! You can use whatever fruit is fresh and ripe, including melons, oranges, or nectarines. Prep time does not include time to cook the chicken.
Top Review by carole in orlando
Thanks, Kree for a light refreshing salad! I made it for dinner last night, as my husband and I are on a low carb diet and it was so good--I had peaches, but next time I will try another fruit just for variety. I think the walnuts add a nice touch, too. Carole in Orlando
- 2 large fresh peaches
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop one peach into 1/2-inch pieces; place in large bowl.
- Add chicken and onion; toss with enough dressing to coat.
- Add greens and walnuts to bowl and toss to coat.
- Mound salad on a large plate.
- Cut remaining peaches into thin wedges and place on top to garnish.