1/2 Photos of Chicken Salad With Nectarines in Mint Vinaigrette
The mint adds a refreshing note to the dressing, which will also work well in a fresh fruit salad. Use any curly lettuce leaves in place of red leaf. From Cooking Light Magazine, May 2004.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, loosely packed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1To prepare dressing, place mint and sugar in a food processor; process until finely chopped, scraping sides of bowl. Add vinegar, juice, salt, and pepper, and process 30 seconds to combine.
- 2To prepare salad, combine chicken, cucumber, pecans, onion, and nectarines in a medium bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss well to coat. Place 1 lettuce leaf on each of 5 plates; top each serving with 3/4 cup salad.
- 3Note: In a pinch, substitute fresh melon for the nectarines. Look for chopped peeled melon in the produce section at the grocery. Cooking time is for the chicken.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad With Nectarines in Mint Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.4
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.0 mg
- Sodium 162.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar