This is from Cooking Light magazine. This simple chicken salad is zesty with the flavors of mint, feta cheese, and lemon juice. It's great as is and also good served in a pita or on a bed of greens.
- 709.77 ml cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 118.29 ml yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml English cucumber, cubed
- 56.69 g feta cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 59.14 ml fresh mint, chopped
- 22.18 ml fresh oregano, chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 7.39 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- mint sprig, garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except mint sprigs in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
- Garnish with mint sprigs if desired.
This salad is delightful. It makes a perfect light supper served atop fresh greens. I was out of fresh oregano and had to use dried (which I re-hydrated in the olive oil while preparing the rest of the salad), otherwise followed to a "T". The fresh mint really made this salad in my opinion. I'm sure it would have been even better with fresh oregano as well. I will make this salad often this summer as I usually have all the ingredients on hand. Thanks for posting Engrossed.
Great salad! I really enjoyed how light this was without lots of mayo and sour cream. The mint and feta were very nice additions. Thanks Engrossed for another good one. Made for ZWT4.
Super springtime salad! Very filling served over a bed of lettuce - the three of us each had a huge plateful for dinner tonight. I was hoping for leftovers.... I guess I'll have to make it again! I loved the lemony dressing with the mint on this (plus I'm always looking for excuses to buy mint, so I can make mojito's with the leftovers!). I used 8 ounces of chicken, 1 each of the peppers & cucumber. Perfect. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders game.