Recipe by Engrossed
This is from Cooking Light magazine. This simple chicken salad is zesty with the flavors of mint, feta cheese, and lemon juice. It's great as is and also good served in a pita or on a bed of greens.
Top Review by MamaJ
This salad is delightful. It makes a perfect light supper served atop fresh greens. I was out of fresh oregano and had to use dried (which I re-hydrated in the olive oil while preparing the rest of the salad), otherwise followed to a "T". The fresh mint really made this salad in my opinion. I'm sure it would have been even better with fresh oregano as well. I will make this salad often this summer as I usually have all the ingredients on hand. Thanks for posting Engrossed.
- 3 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup English cucumber, cubed
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- mint sprig, garnish (optional)