1/6 Photos of Chicken Salad With Maple Vinaigrette
A simple chicken salad with a sweet and tangy maple vinaigrette. This would make a great lunch or easy dinner for a hot summer's night. A meal in itself. This recipe was an entry in RSC contest
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup good quality olive oil
- 100 g mixed salad salad leaves
- 1 carrot, julienned o.r ribboned
- 16 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 3 cooked chicken breasts, cut into thin slices
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced into quarters lengthways
- 20 olives, seeds removed (olive of your preference)
- 4 teaspoons capers
- 20 pecans
- mixed sprouts, optional as salad topper
- shaved parmesan cheese, optional as salad topper
- 1For the vinaigrette- combine the cider vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, parsley, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine and then whisk in the oil. Set aside.
- 2Arrange the salad leaves in 4 bowls or on dinner plates.
- 3Top the salad leaves with the carrots, tomatoes,onion slices and the cucumber slices. Distribute evenly over the salads.
- 4If your preference is cold chicken in your salad, leave as is. I like to either use warm chicken or warm it in the microwave.
- 5Arrange the chicken over the 4 salad bowls.
- 6Next add 5 olives, 1 hard boiled egg and 1 teaspoon of capers to each salad.
- 7Crumble the pecans with your hands and distribute evenly over the top of the 4 salads.
- 8Whisk the vinaigrette before pouring some over each salad.
- 9Optional-can top salad with some snow pea sprouts (or sprouts of your choice) and a little shaved parmesan cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad With Maple Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 653.6
- Calories from Fat 459
- Total Fat 51.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 273.7 mg
- Sodium 503.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 31.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: