Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
From self.com. Prep time include marinading the chicken.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips (1 lb)
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 6 cups watercress leaves
- For the marinade:.
- Combine soy sauce and cornstarch in a medium-size bowl.
- Stir until cornstarch is dissolved, then stir in sesame oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and ginger.
- Toss with chicken and let marinate 20 to 30 minutes.
- For the salsa:.
- Combine mangoes, scallions, serrano pepper, cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
- Let sit 20 to 30 minutes.
- For the salad:.
- Whisk together remaining tbsp lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste, then toss dressing with watercress.
- To cook chicken:
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken in a single layer and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through.
- To assemble salad:.
- Place 1/4 watercress salad on each plate, then mound 1/4 salsa in the center and arrange chicken strips on top.