A Southwest style dinner or luncheon salad topped with a creamy dressing made with jalapeno pepper jelly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Jalapeno Cream Dressing
- 1/2 cup jalapeno jelly
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup canned corn, drained
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- garnish canned jalapeno slices, optional
- 1Jalapeno Cream Dressing: Whisk together jelly, sour cream, lime juice and cilantro, chill until serving time.
- 2Salad: Combine black beans,corn, tomato, green onion, picante sauce and salt to taste, set aside.
- 3Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with taco seasoning.
- 4Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- 5Add chicken and cook 6-8 minutes per side or until juices run clear when stuck with a fork.
- 6Remove from the pan, let sit 10 minutes then slice crosswise.
- 7Arrange salad greens on a platter or 4 individual plates.
- 8Top with chicken slices and spoon black bean mixture around the chicken.
- 9Top the chicken with 1/2 of the dressing, garnish with jalapeno slices if desired, and pass the remaining dressing.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad with Jalapeno Cream Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.9
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 81.0 mg
- Sodium 393.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 31.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens