Recipe by Lorac
A Southwest style dinner or luncheon salad topped with a creamy dressing made with jalapeno pepper jelly.
Top Review by JustJanS
I made a half recipe of this tonight, and we enjoyed it a lot. I really enjoyed the dressing, no problem with it being too sweet as the other reviewer mentioned. I used a lovely jalapeno jelly that Lorac sent me and 2 teaspoons of lime juice. I used thigh fillets in prefernce to breasts which meant the chicken was nice and juicy. I think avocados would be a good addition to this, adding to all the textures and tastes in it.
Jalapeno Cream Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno jelly
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2⁄3 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup canned corn, drained
- 2⁄3 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄3 cup picante sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- garnish canned jalapeno slices, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Jalapeno Cream Dressing: Whisk together jelly, sour cream, lime juice and cilantro, chill until serving time.
- Salad: Combine black beans,corn, tomato, green onion, picante sauce and salt to taste, set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with taco seasoning.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook 6-8 minutes per side or until juices run clear when stuck with a fork.
- Remove from the pan, let sit 10 minutes then slice crosswise.
- Arrange salad greens on a platter or 4 individual plates.
- Top with chicken slices and spoon black bean mixture around the chicken.
- Top the chicken with 1/2 of the dressing, garnish with jalapeno slices if desired, and pass the remaining dressing.