Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick Lunch! Place on lettuce leaf or in a sandwich. This flavorful salad is good anytime. If in a sandwich, grill bread to a golden brown and add lettuce leaf. A quick meal and add chips! A wonderful addition in making a sandwich with this chicken salad is to spread Sweet 'n Savory Sandwich Spread on one side of the bread.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 cup honey mustard
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- In a medium size bowl, mix celery, red onion, carrot, basil, thyme, tarragon, parsley, celery seed, honey mustard and mayonnaise.
- Add chopped chicken. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Mix well.
- If placing in a sandwich, multi-grain wheat bread is good.
This was definitely herby! Maybe a little too much for us considering I used all dry herbs. Next time I'll go a little lighter on the herbs.
Thanks for this awsome recipe!!! I'm not a big fan of plain chicken salad but this recipe is very flavoful & refreshing! I used canned chicken & dried/ground herbs. At first I thought the herb amounts would be a bit much but after it chilled for a little while it was heavenly! Yummy!!!
Oh, my 5 star recipe!! It's a keeper, Emz!! Love the crunch of the carrot and the flavors of all the herbs just pops the salad--used celery salt in place of the seeds. Totally forgot the honey-mustard, but, believe me--there will be a next time. Thanks for posting!!