Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chicken caesar salad with a twist.
- 1 small romaine lettuce
- 7 ounces cooked leftover chicken
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese
For the dressing
- 1 ounce hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 anchovies (reserve 4)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon capers
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, crushed
- First, make the hazelnut dressing. Place the hazelnuts in a small food processor and blitz until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add the remaining dressing ingredients, including 2 of the anchovies (reserve 4 for the salad). Blitz until you have a dressing that is of a creamy consistency.
- Tear the romaine lettuce into large pieces and cut the cooked leftover chicken meat into strips. Chop up the four remaining anchovies. Then place the lettuce, chicken and anchovies in a bowl. Pour the hazelnut dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Divide between two plates or bowls and serve sprinkled with Parmesan shavings.