Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Refreshing summer salad. Served with a croissant and fresh cantaloupe & strawberries.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, chopped and chilled
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup green seedless grape, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise (for lighter salad, use 3/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a medium bowl, whip cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Combine chicken, celery, grapes, almonds, parsley, salt, and mayonnaise with whipped cream. Mix thoroughly and chill.
This was awesome. I used what I had on hand so I made a few substitutions. I used chopped snow peas and cucumbers, miracle whip and no salt or whipping cream. This was easy to make and turned plain chicken salad into a real crowd pleaser. Thanks for the recipe.
This is exactly the salad that I used to have years ago at a now-defunct gourmet deli. I made it a few months ago (forgot to review it then) and LOVED IT. I plan on making it this week with defrosted leftover cooked turkey meat and have been looking forward to it for days. I do however leave out the cream, if i need it a little more 'spreadable' I add a Tbl or 2 of milk. Still awesome and thanks!
Had "the girls" over for a luncheon and they loved this. Thanks for sharing!