Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I put together several recipes that I have seen and it really turned out great. Don't skip the grapes they are imporant to the taste. Time does not include cooking chicken.
- 1 lb boneless cooked chicken, cut in small bite size pieces
- 1 large tart apple, peeled cored & chopped small
- 10 -15 seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1⁄4 green bell peppers or 1⁄4 red bell pepper, cut in 1/4 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, cut in half lenthwise and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped pecans or 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped white onions
- 2 teaspoons fine grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup Cool Whip, thawed,more if needed
- I cooked two boneless chicken breasts in a covered fry pan with about a 1/4 inch of white wine, salt, pepper and a chicken seasoning.
- When done I cut them up in small pieces.
- You could use leftover Chicken or cook it anyway you like.
- Even canned chunk chicken might work.
- Just cut everything up and mix it all together.
- Just before serving add the Cool Whip and mix.
- It should look like mayonnaise.
- I used a Granny Smith Apple and Red Seedless Grapes, but any type would do.
Although I varied on some things, and didn't follow the recipe EXACTLY, it was fabulous! I used raisins instead of nuts, and low fat mayo / low fat sour cream instead of the Cool Whip. I stuffed the chicken into whole wheat pitas and served to my family, and we were in heaven. No guilt either! The combination of sweet and savory really worked, and the red pepper that I used added quite a taste dimension. We loved how the grapes and apples complimented the chicken, who knew it would be that good? Awesome! Thanks for submitting this, I will use it again and again!