Recipe by pink cook
This is an excellent and delicious salad to go well served in lettuce leaves or also in crossaints.
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed (or use turkey)
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained (or add chopped apple instead)
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 boston lettuce leaves (or 6 crossaints)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, cucumber, and celery in a bowl.
- Combine oil and vinegar and pour over chicken mixture.
- Cover and chill for about one hour. Drain.
- Add grapes, oranges, almonds, green onions, and mayonnaise to chicken mixture; mix well.
- Chill at least 2 hours and serve cold in lettuce leaves or as a filling in crossaints.