1/1 Photo of Chicken Salad With Fruit and Toasted Pecans
This recipe is from Raising the Salad Bar, a book I recieved with the Cook Book Swap.For a luncheon or a buffet serve salad in "cups"of Boston lettuce leaves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1 crisp apple
- 1 firm but ripe pear
- lemon juice
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
Orange-Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1Core and dice the apple and pear. Sprinkle the fruit with 1 or 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice to keep it from discoloring. In a large bowl, combine the diced chicken, apple, pear, grapes and chives.
- 2To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
- 3Just before serving, add all of the dressing to the chicken salad and toss well to combine. Adjust seasonings, adding additional salt if necessary. Top with the toasted pecans.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad With Fruit and Toasted Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.2
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 359.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: