Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Raising the Salad Bar, a book I recieved with the Cook Book Swap.For a luncheon or a buffet serve salad in "cups"of Boston lettuce leaves.
- 3 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1 crisp apple
- 1 firm but ripe pear
- lemon juice
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
Orange-Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Core and dice the apple and pear. Sprinkle the fruit with 1 or 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice to keep it from discoloring. In a large bowl, combine the diced chicken, apple, pear, grapes and chives.
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
- Just before serving, add all of the dressing to the chicken salad and toss well to combine. Adjust seasonings, adding additional salt if necessary. Top with the toasted pecans.
A very tasty and easy to throw together salad. The dressing complements the other ingredients very well. I had to substitute toasted sesame seeds for the poppy due to allergy, but the poppy would be much prettier. Made for ZWT5.