- 7 lbs chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 cups diced celery
- 2 (16 ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 lbs seedless grapes (8 cups)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 1⁄2 ounces slivered almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in large oblong pan.
- Brush chicken with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 to 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- While chicken is baking prepare the fruits, vegetables and dressing.
- Combine dressing ingredients.
- Mix everything except chicken and nuts.
- Cut chicken in small pieces.
- Mix with dressing.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Sprinkle with nuts (if desired) just before serving.
- This salad is great served with fresh bread.