Recipe by Not So Good Cook
Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens. Light, fresh, and with a fat-free dressing
Top Review by LonghornMama
Yummy! Only change I made was to use reduced fat mayo, I hate the fat free stuff. This is heavy on the dressing, but works quite well over lettuce. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 green onions, sliced (1/3 cup)
- 2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups red grapes (seedless & halved) or 1 1⁄2 cups green grapes (seedless & halved)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, cut into slivers
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For dressing, whisk together first 4 ingredients. Stir in green onions & set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss celery, grapes, chicken, and apricots. Stir in the dressing. Cover and chill 2-4 hours. Taste and add salt & pepper if you like.
- To serve, line 4 salad plates with lettuce leaves. Arrange tomato & cucumber slices around. Top lettuce leaves with chicken mixture.