Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This salad is fantastic serving between sliced croissants and can also be made with cooked turkey, plan ahead this needs to chill for a minimum of 2 hours before serving
Top Review by kittycatmom
Oh my goodness! This is delicious! I didn't have a cucumber so I added 1 cup of green grapes. The saltiness of the feta and the sweetness of the grapes made this salad wonderful! Absolutely a new favorite for me! Thank you Kitt! Awesome recipe that I know I will be making often!
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 large celery, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped (or use 1/3 cup chopped red onion, or to taste)
- 1 cup chopped seeded cucumber (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds almonds
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 -3 teaspoons dried dill
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- seasoned salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste, or use white salt)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large glass bowl combine the chicken, celery, red bell pepper and onions.
- In another bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder and dried dill; mix well to combine, then mix in crumbled feta cheese.
- Add the dressing to the chicken mixture and toss to combine.
- Season with seasoned salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 2 hours (longer is even better).