Recipe by Colorado Lauralee
This is a very tasty, quick salad. The flavors are absolutely wonderful, and it is also low fat and low calorie. This recipe was presented on KSL-TV.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 medium granny smith apple, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- lettuce leaf, washed & dried
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small jar add all ingredients and shake until blended.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl and pour dressing over, gently tossing together until blended. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Before serving toss again and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.
- This recipe is low fat and low calorie.