Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tangy, but creamy, and great for summer entertaining. I prefer to steam or gently boil the chicken myself (rather than buy a cooked chicken) in a way that keeps them moist and tender - ThatBobbieGirl's Un-Boiled Chicken looks just the thing for this! (Free plug, ThatBobbieGirl!)
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and chilled
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 2 medium white onions, diced
- 14.79 ml curry powder
- 59.14 ml tomato ketchup
- 19.71 ml apricot jam
- 19.71 ml mango chutney (mild or hot, your choice)
- 118.29 ml oil-based mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml low-fat whipping cream
Serve with your choice of
- sliced peeled mango
- sliced peeled peach
- sliced crisp granny smith apple
- seedless grapes
- cashew nuts or walnuts
- Heat the oil over moderate heat and add the onions.
- Cook until softened, then remove from heat.
- If the apricot jam and the mango chutney contain chunks of fruit, chop these up small.
- Add the tomato ketchup, apricot jam and mango chutney to the onions, but do not cook.
- When this mixture is cool, fold it into the mayonnaise.
- Lightly whip the cream, and fold through as well.
- On a large serving dish, spread some of the creamy curry dressing over the base.
- Arrange the chicken fillets over the dressing.
- Spoon remaining dressing over the chicken, enough to coat each portion.
- Chill for several hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Just before serving, surround the chicken with the fruit of your choice.
- Garnish with sprigs of cilantro.
- Hand nuts around separately for each person to sprinkle on their own portion.