My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and chilled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium white onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 4 teaspoons apricot jam
- 4 teaspoons mango chutney (mild or hot, your choice)
- 1/2 cup oil-based mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup low-fat whipping cream
Serve with your choice of
- 1Heat the oil over moderate heat and add the onions.
- 2Cook until softened, then remove from heat.
- 3If the apricot jam and the mango chutney contain chunks of fruit, chop these up small.
- 4Add the tomato ketchup, apricot jam and mango chutney to the onions, but do not cook.
- 5When this mixture is cool, fold it into the mayonnaise.
- 6Lightly whip the cream, and fold through as well.
- 7On a large serving dish, spread some of the creamy curry dressing over the base.
- 8Arrange the chicken fillets over the dressing.
- 9Spoon remaining dressing over the chicken, enough to coat each portion.
- 10Chill for several hours to allow flavors to blend.
- 11Just before serving, surround the chicken with the fruit of your choice.
- 12Garnish with sprigs of cilantro.
- 13Hand nuts around separately for each person to sprinkle on their own portion.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad with Creamy Curry Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.4
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 73.5 mg
- Sodium 330.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat whipping cream