This recipe is perfect for women's luncheons or just to serve for a gathering of friends. Everyone loves it! It's a refreshing way to spice up chicken salad. I serve it with croissants and fresh fruit.
- 1 (7 g) envelopeknox gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes or 2 tablespoons fresh onions
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 (15 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- Soften 1 envelope of Knox gelatin in 1/4 cold water.
- Add 1/4 cup boiling water.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Add chicken, mayo, celery, and onion.
- Mix well and pour into an 8 by 8 or 9 by 9 pan.
- Chill while you prepare the topping.
- Mix lemon jello, boiling water, cranberry sauce, and orange juice.
- Spoon over the chicken pan mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- A double recipe can be made in a 9 by 13 pan.