Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very nice chicken salad and simple to make. Kids love it. I love to serve it in a croissant and half them, for a great sandwich tray. You can stuff a tomato or simply top a little on some salad green's.
- 12 1⁄2 ounces premium chunk white chicken meat packed in water
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or more)
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup craisins (dried cranberries-can use raisins)
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, slivered
- 1 celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt & pepper
- Drain chicken place in mixing bowl, separate with fork.
- Chop onions and celery add to mixing bowl along with mayo, craisens and honey.
- Brown almonds in saucepan with butter, stirring often until browned add to mixing bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper mix again.
I made this for a luncheon and everyone loved it! I omitted the onions and didn't brown the almonds (just added them straight from the bag) but it was still very tasty! Thanks!