Recipe by PleasantNancy
A harmonious blend of sweet and tart (with a little heat), in this simple, refreshing and healthy chicken salad. I developed this recipe after trying several other versions. Can be served in your favorite wrap or on a bed of salad greens with avacado,tomatoes, etc.; or try it on top of your favorite crackers. Hope you enjoy!
- 946.36 ml cooked chicken, diced or shredded (I use a deli, rotisserie chicken or left over grilled chicken)
- 118.29 ml onion, diced (you can use whatever kind you like)
- 118.29 ml red bell pepper, diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro, packed
- 29.58 ml chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 78.07 ml lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix chicken, onion, and peppers in a salad bowl.
- Place all dressing ingredient in food processer and process until blended.
- Pour dressing over chicken and stir to blend.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- This salad tastes even better the next day, so it can be made 1-2 days in advance. You can adjust the heat by adding more or less chipotle peppers or you can adjust the sweetness by adding more or less honey.