A harmonious blend of sweet and tart (with a little heat), in this simple, refreshing and healthy chicken salad. I developed this recipe after trying several other versions. Can be served in your favorite wrap or on a bed of salad greens with avacado,tomatoes, etc.; or try it on top of your favorite crackers. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded (I use a deli, rotisserie chicken or left over grilled chicken)
- 1/2 cup onion, diced (you can use whatever kind you like)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1Mix chicken, onion, and peppers in a salad bowl.
- 2Place all dressing ingredient in food processer and process until blended.
- 3Pour dressing over chicken and stir to blend.
- 4Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- 5This salad tastes even better the next day, so it can be made 1-2 days in advance. You can adjust the heat by adding more or less chipotle peppers or you can adjust the sweetness by adding more or less honey.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad With Chipotle Cilantro Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.1
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 105.0 mg
- Sodium 399.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 35.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo