Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A harmonious blend of sweet and tart (with a little heat), in this simple, refreshing and healthy chicken salad. I developed this recipe after trying several other versions. Can be served in your favorite wrap or on a bed of salad greens with avacado,tomatoes, etc.; or try it on top of your favorite crackers. Hope you enjoy!
- 4 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded (I use a deli, rotisserie chicken or left over grilled chicken)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced (you can use whatever kind you like)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, packed
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Mix chicken, onion, and peppers in a salad bowl.
- Place all dressing ingredient in food processer and process until blended.
- Pour dressing over chicken and stir to blend.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- This salad tastes even better the next day, so it can be made 1-2 days in advance. You can adjust the heat by adding more or less chipotle peppers or you can adjust the sweetness by adding more or less honey.