Recipe by Norahs Girl
A substantional Salad and very pretty to look at .Ideal for a summer get together!
Top Review by Donna Matthews
The presentation on this salad is striking without any of the usual yellow, orange or red. The dressing is very subtle, plus I added more greens, so did not have enough of it. My family did not care for the goat cheese. I thought it was wonderful chunked up in the salad leftovers (which were not at all soggy the next day).
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 ounces mixed salad greens
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 ounces mange-touts peas, blanched and refreshed
- 1⁄2 lb white mushroom, thickly sliced
- 12 black olives
- 12 slices chevre cheese with peppers (goat's milk)
- 12 slices French bread, toasted
- olive oil (for brushing)
- 1 hard boiled egg, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sear chicken breasts in olive oil for 3-5 minutes.
- Cool and slice.
- Arrange salad leaves on a platter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Intersperse chicken slices, mange tout, mushrooms and black olives.
- Place a slice of cheese on each slice of toast, brush with a little olive oil.
- VINAIGRETTE: Whisk ingredients together briskly in a bowl.
- Top salad with dressing and sprinkle with hardboiled egg and sunflower seeds.
- Toss just before serving.