Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
So delicious. The combination may sound weird, but really it is sooo good.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 300 g green beans
- 400 g chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 dried apricots (re-hydrated and chopped)
- 1 cup smoked almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Put the chicken breasts in a pan in just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and then turn off the heat, cover and let set for half and hour. You will have perfectly poached chicken breasts.
- Steam the green beans til tender crisp. (5-8 minutes depending on the size of the beans.) Add to a bowl with the chickpeas, cilantro, olive oil and apricots.
- Dressing: Mix together the cinnamon, harissa, honey, cumin and yogurt.
- After the chicken is cooked, shred it, and add it to the bean mixture along with the dressing and almonds. Stir together. Sprinkle with the smoked paprika.