Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
So delicious. The combination may sound weird, but really it is sooo good.
Make and share this Chicken Salad With Apricots and Chickpeas recipe from Food.com.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 300 g green beans
- 400 g chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 dried apricots (re-hydrated and chopped)
- 1 cup smoked almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Put the chicken breasts in a pan in just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and then turn off the heat, cover and let set for half and hour. You will have perfectly poached chicken breasts.
- Steam the green beans til tender crisp. (5-8 minutes depending on the size of the beans.) Add to a bowl with the chickpeas, cilantro, olive oil and apricots.
- Dressing: Mix together the cinnamon, harissa, honey, cumin and yogurt.
- After the chicken is cooked, shred it, and add it to the bean mixture along with the dressing and almonds. Stir together. Sprinkle with the smoked paprika.