Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A little spin on the classic chicken salad. I found this recipe in a Schwan's Home Service Catalog. The only real reason it caught my attention is because they served it in Oranges and it looked good - otherwise I probably would not have even taken a second look. I am glad I did ... this is yummy!
- 4 chicken breasts, filets cooked and diced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (fat free or low fat may be substituted)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 fresh onion, diced
- 1 cup apple, chopped (or grapes, I like apples)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Stir together prepared chicken, mayo, celery, onion, apples, nuts and pepper.
- It looks great if you serve it in an orange peel and it is easy to clean up!