Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Oven poaching gently cooks the chicken and adds flavor, too. Add mayonaise to taste.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 pounds)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 tart apple, diced
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 9x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Lay chicken breasts in pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and pour the apple juice over chicken; cover tightly and bake 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Set aside to cool.
- Dice apple and place in large bowl.
- When chicken is cooled completely, chop and add to apples, then add nuts.
- Cool and place on lettuce leaf.