Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Red peppers and pineapple add the pizazz to this summery salad; while the pineapple poppyseed dressing is what makes this dish shine! I've made it as a meal, but also makes a beautiful addition to a picnic.
- 430 g bag broccoli coleslaw mix
- 366 g red peppers, diced (2 large)
- 78 g carrots, shredded
- 226.79 g pineapple tidbits, juice reserved
- 226.79 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 28 g cashews or 28 g sliced almonds
- 29.58 ml pineapple juice
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml poppy seed
- Combine all salad ingredients except dressing and cashews in a large bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together until well combined.
- Just before serving: Add dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cashews.
Easy, fast and delicious. I used sugar instead of Splenda and it was great. You might want to double the dressing if you plan on using the full bag of broccoli slaw.
Great salad! The flavors are very nice and the dressing is very refreshing. Thanks for sharing!
What a treat. The combination is just wonderful. I will cut back on the red peppers next time. I made a little extra dressing with the remaining pineapple juice which I'm glad I did because I don't think it would have been enough with the original stated amount. I also let this marinade for about an hour and the flavors really came through and the slaw was not soggy at all. I may add some red onion to the mix next time. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for PRMR :)