Red peppers and pineapple add the pizazz to this summery salad; while the pineapple poppyseed dressing is what makes this dish shine! I've made it as a meal, but also makes a beautiful addition to a picnic.
- 1 (430 g) bag broccoli coleslaw mix
- 366 g red peppers, diced (2 large)
- 78 g carrots, shredded
- 8 ounces pineapple tidbits, juice reserved
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 28 g cashews or 28 g sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- Combine all salad ingredients except dressing and cashews in a large bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together until well combined.
- Just before serving: Add dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cashews.