1/2 Photos of Chicken Salad Veronique With Nectarines
2 hrs 20 mins
From the Seattle Times, July 25, 2005. I haven't made it yet, but it sounds wonderful to me, and perfect for an August evening.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup small-chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 cups green seedless grapes, each cut in half
- 1 ripe nectarine
- 1Put the chicken breasts in a large saucepan and add water to cover. Season with 1 t salt. Bring just to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken from water and cool. Dice and put in large bowl.
- 2While chicken is cooking, toast the almonds in a skillet set over medium heat. Time 5 minutes or just until the almonds are beginning to turn golden. (Alternatively, toast almonds in a 350-degree oven for 15 minutes.) Let cool and coarsely chop.
- 3Mix together mayonnaise, yogurt, 2 T lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Fold into the chicken, Stir in the thyme, celery, green onions and grapes. Cover and refrigerate several hours to chill and blend flavors.
- 4Just before serving, dice the nectarine and toss with the other tablespoon of lemon juice. Fold the nectarine and almonds gently into the salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad Veronique With Nectarines
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.5
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 74.4 mg
- Sodium 815.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 30.6 g