Recipe by ThatSouthernBelle
My mom made this about 1,000 times trying to get the recipe to taste like what we have when we eat lunch at the V. Sattui winery in Napa Valley for the weekend. She came pretty close!
Top Review by It's Good to be Queen!
This was a family favorite while living in Northern CA. Great picnic item. This chicken salad, good cheese, bread, fruit and a good spot on their lawn. One couldn't ask for a more perfect day. Thank you for duplicating this recipe. We can now have a bit of CA with us regardless of where we are living.
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, chopped in large chunks
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced in half rings
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, sliced in half rings
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (add more if needed)
- sour cream