Adapted From Tapatio Hot Sauce. I have made this before but never knew there was a recipe for it!
Make and share this Chicken Salad Tostadas recipe from Food.com.
- 3 chicken breasts (bone in)
- 1 carrot, cut up in 1 inch pieces
- 1 celery, cut up in 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 onion (cut in half )
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- garlic salt
- pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)
- avocado, chopped
- tapatio hot sauce
- Place first five ingredients in a pot of boiling water and reduce heat. Cook over medium heat, covered, about 45 minutes or until the chicken is very tender.
- When the chicken is tender, remove from bone and shred.
- Add remaining ingredients and incorporate well. Place chicken salad on store-bought tostadas or fry your own tortillas in some vegetable oil. Top with Tapatío Hot Sauce to taste. Delicious!