Recipe by Boomette
This recipe is from the issue of May 2006 of Coup de Pouce.
Top Review by I'mPat
I made for 2 but for dietary reasons had to omit the celery (which I think was a let down for me for I like it so next time will divide the mix and mix the celery into mine) but overall found it very heavy in the mayonnaise so would cut back on that but the flavours overall were great and served on a grained tortilla. Thank you Boomette, made for ZAAR Stars tag game.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb) or 3 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups watercress
- 4 large spinach tortillas or 4 large plain tortillas, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken in a large skillet not too deep that has simmering salted water. Cover and cook at medium-low heat for about 12 minutes or until the chicken is not pink inside (flip it at mid-cooking). Put the chicken in a plate and let cool in the fridge. Cut the cold chicken in dice.
- In a large bowl, mix celery, mayonnaise, dill, Dijon mustard, zest and lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add chicken and stir to coat well. (You can do the chicken garnish in advance and cover it. It will be good up to 4 hours in the fridge.).
- Put 1/4 cup of watercress in the center of each half-tortillas. Cover with 3/4 cup of the chicken garnish. Bringing one of the point towards the center, roll half-tortillas on the garnish in a way to form a horn. Envelop the base with waxed paper or fix it with long tooth-pick.