Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are my favorite tea sandwiches. They're crowd pleasers.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1 slice red bell pepper, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I use Miracle Whip)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 10 slices white bread, sliced thin (cut regular pieces in half if you have to)
- For the spread, combine the butter, lemon juice and salt.
- To make the filing, combine chicken, mayonnaise, almonds, salt and pepper.
- Spread each slice of bread with a thin layer of the butter mixture. Add the filling to half the bread slices and top with the other half, buttered sides inches.
- Remove the crusts and cut the sandwiches as desired.