Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Southern Living; my mom has used this for years and is one of my favorites.
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup green seedless grape, halved
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- lettuce leaf
- In large bowl, mix together mayo,lime juice, salt,and nutmeg.
- Add remaining ingredients except for lettuce leaves.
- Mix well.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.
My mom used to make this exact chicken salad when I was in college. She would come for a visit and make a big batch for me and my roommates to knosh on. I loved it then and am so happy to find the recipe. She has misplaced hers. I also used half green and half red grapes for color. Looked beautiful and tastes as good as I remember. Thanks.
What a wonderful refreshing salad. I've made it with miracle whip for my personal preference but also with mayo for guests. Also mixed green & red seedless grapes. It is so pretty! I added 1/4 cup coconut flakes for fun once and that was good too. Also good with cashew pieces.