Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tasty salad for light meals with a lot of veggie crunch and flavor. Also works well with tuna.
Make and share this Chicken Salad Supreme recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 1⁄4 cup carrot
- 1⁄4 cup red cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1⁄4 cup black olives
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄4 cup dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- shred chicken
- crumble bacon.
- chop onion, cabbage, eggs, celery, & olives.
- grate carrot.
- Mix first ten ingredients well.
- add salt and pepper if desired.
- Stir in mustard and mayonnaise until well coated
- chill 1 hour.
- serve on whole wheat or your choice of bread.
This is a wonderful chicken salad. Made just a few changes, using what I had on hand. I used red onion instead of the green onion, and left out the red cabbage and celery. I think those would have made this even better and will surely add the next time I make this. I really enjoyed the addition of the bacon and the hint of mustard. Just excellent. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010 :)
Made this today, only one substitution: I used 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper instead of red cabbage (we don't care for the cabbage, but LOVE red pepper!). What a wonderful surprise! It was crunchy, tasty, filling. Def a keeper!
This is an excellent dish. My whole family loves it!