Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great recipe to serve for lunch. The dried cranberries give it a delightful tartness. :)
Make and share this Chicken Salad Stuffed Tomatoes or Avocados recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken meat
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup minced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup minced red onion
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- ground black pepper
- 6 large tomatoes, halved with pulp scooped out
- 6 avocados, halved, peeled, pits removed
- 12 romaine lettuce leaves
- In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise with paprika and seasoned salt. Blend in dried cranberries, grapes, celery, bell pepper, onions, and nuts. Add chopped chicken, and mix well. Season with black pepper to taste. Chill 1 hour.
- Place each lettuce leaf onto small plates with tomatoes or avocados on top. Mound chicken salad into tomatoes or avocados.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.
I liked all of the colorful elements in this salad and the crunch from the celery and cashews were welcome. I served with avocado and tomato slices on the recommended romaine for an easy lunch. The salad would be make a nice luncheon salad in the individual stuffed tomatoes. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring 2012 Pick a Chef.